Tuesday, December 1, 2009

South Dakota

I finally made it to South Dakota. My grandfather and his group had been to Iowa historically and made the switch to S. Dakota about 5 years ago. I saw more pheasant in the first morning, in the first field, then I had seen my entire life. It has been one of the wettest years on record out there. Some of the beans had been harvested, but basically all of the corn was still standing. This made things a little tough. The group, overall, shot pretty darn well. We never limited out, but had plenty of action to fill out the day.

Day 2 Group Shot

Day 3 morning was one to remember. My 2 uncles and I shot 8 birds in two hours over my English Setter Jack. He had a hand in either pointing or retrieving nearly every bird that went down.

Jack's Take

Man is it flat out there......

Pile o' birdsI made the trip with my grandpa, two uncles and a family friend. I didn't realize how lucky I am to have the opportunity to hunt with family until I got back and shared the trip with others. A lot of guys do not have family to hunt with. I guess I take it for granted sometimes.

Can't wait to get back out there.
Maybe a combo trip for sharptails next time.....?

No comments: